Would you consider opening your home to a person with a disability?
Learn more about what Shared Living is all about here.
1. Shared Living Provider sought for a woman in her 40’s with mild developmental disabilities. Ideal provider will be able to support her emotionally in lessening her anxiety and learning coping skills. She works and receives community supports, and will benefit from further support in making connections in the community. She is able to spend time on her own in a familiar environment. Her family is involved and she often visits them over the weekend. Generous tax-free annual stipend of $25,440, room and board payment of $9,560 and a respite budget. For further details, contact Molly at Community Associates. (802)388-4021
2. Shared Living Provider sought for a man in his mid-70’s with mild developmental disability. This easy-going fun-loving gentleman enjoys going on car rides and visiting buddies in town, doing guy things with a male figure, and spending time with pets, particularly dogs. He is fairly independent, but his health needs have increased recently and would like assistance in monitoring his health status, and managing healthy diets and medical appointments. The provider receives a tax-free stipend of $22,200/yr, room and board payment of 9,560/yr, and a respite budget. For more details, contact Molly at Community Associates. 802-388-4021
3. Shared Living Provider sought for a young man in his late 20’s with mild intellectual disability. He uses a walker and requires a home with bedroom & bathroom on the first floor. Looking for a home without children, and a provider who can provide a structured routine and an environment to promote his growth in the adult world. He wants to build daily living skills including cooking, and to improve communication skills to make friends and spend time with peers. Enjoys community supports, TV shows, video gaming and technology. Generous tax-free annual stipend of $33,510, room and board payment of $9,560, respite budget and great team support. Contact Molly at Community Associates. (802)388-4021
4. Shared Living Provider sought for a woman in her 50’s with a mild developmental disability is looking for a quiet and relaxing home. A mother-in-law apartment or place where she can have some privacy of her own would be ideal. She transitioned from independent living, and needs support in ensuring safety, medication oversight, and getting to her part time job in Brandon 4 times a week. Experience with Alzheimer’s desirable. She loves animals and has an indoor cat. Enjoys listening to country music, going to church, playing card games, getting nails done, and eating out at her favorite restaurants. She is a smoker and has a colorful sense of humor. Generous tax-free annual stipend of $23,800, room and board payment of $9,560 and a respite budget. Call Molly at Community Associate. (802)388-4021
5. Shared living provider for a tech savvy man with Asperger’s Syndrome. This active man in his 30s has interests in NPR, classical music, Scrabble, board games, reading, and jigsaw puzzles. Ideal provider will be able to provide a consistent routine and support a gluten-free diet. He receives some hours of staffed support in the community during the week. Generous annual tax-free stipend of $35,700, room & board of $9,560 and respite budgets. Contact Molly at Community Associates at (802)388-4021.
6. Shared Living Provider sought for a 36 year old woman with a developmental disability and who is highly capable. Her current goal is to swim regularly and stay healthy. She would like someone who can support her with developing a healthy diet and life style. She is in the process of finishing her GED and hopes to find part-time employment in the near future. She enjoys being around animals, doing arts/crafts and learning how to cook. Ideal provider/s would be a single or partnered couple without children or others living in the home. A location within walking distance of town is preferred. Supervision is needed in managing medications. Generous tax-free annual stipend of $53,713, room & board of $9,560 and a generous respite budget. Please contact Molly at Community Associates. (802)388-4021
(Application for Shared Living Provider is different than the agency application, please use application link below if interested in applying.)
Equal opportunity Employer
Click here for more information on shared living “Shared Living in Vermont: Individualized Home Supports for People with Developmental Disabilities”, State of Vermont, Division of Disability and Aging Services
Please refer to this check list for the housing safety requirements:
Click Below to download and print application. Or call (802)388-4021 to have one mailed to you.