CSAC Addresses Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CSAC's leadership is working diligently to monitor the status of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and to stay apprised of and implement the current recommendations to lower the risk of the illness.
The health and well-being of our staff and those we serve is our highest priority. We are closely following the updates and recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Vermont Department of Health, and the University of Vermont Medical Center.
Here are some of the current recommendations for preventing the spread of illness
• Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
• Avoid handshaking for this interim period.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve or a tissue.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Information about COVID-19 is readily available on-line. We recommend the following resources for reputable, up-to-date information.
If you’re having difficulty talking to your children about COVID-19, here is a great article tackling that subject.