We are a group of organizations and community members in Addison County, Vermont
who care passionately about the well-being of our youth and want them to have
every possible chance to be successful.
Our Vision and Values:
- We believe thriving communities and healthy families grow resilient kids.
- To be strong, children need unconditional love, absolute security, and a deep connection with at least one adult.
- Nothing we say is as important as what children see us doing on a daily basis.
- Sometimes the best thing we can do to help children learn is to get out of their way.
- Children live up or down to adults’ expectations of them.
- Listening to children attentively is more important that any words we can say.
- Children can only take positive steps whey have the confidence to do so. They gain that confidence when they have solid reason to believe that they are competent.
- If children are to develop the strength to overcome challenges, they need to know that they can control what happens to them.
- Children with a wide range of positive coping strategies will be prepared to overcome stressors and will be far less likely to try many of the risk behaviors that we fear.